A website should function well with clients and should also have a unique look and feel that will be remembered by visitors of the site. Websites that are not well designed tend to perform poorly and have sub-optimal Google ranking.
Here are a few principles of our side as web designers that we look at and work to improve:
1. Communication- People on the web tend to want information quickly, so it is important to communicate clearly, and make your information easy to read.
2. Images- A image can speak a thousand words, here is the opportunity to show how great and successful you are. People will appeal to a good high resolution image. Simple and something that speaks your brand is what needs to be portrayed on your website as you are speaking to the world.We also use info graphics, videos and graphics as these are much more effective at communicating than most written pieces.
3. Purpose- The visitors go to your website to view the information, entertainment, some type of interaction, or to transact with your business. Each page of your website needs to have a clear purpose, which should get the information across them as fast and easy as possible.
4. Typefaces-Sans Serif fonts such as Arial and Verdana are easier to read online. The ideal font to read online is a 16px font with 3 typefaces and a font that wont look too odd when enlarged.
5. Online store – It’s easy, don’t cost you any petrol to go to the store. They are fast growing and it allows your business to get exposure. Making it for the customers that prefers to stay indoors and not go out into the busy shopping malls to get an item. An online store is a must have for any business selling products